Question:
looking for different ways to paint my wall not rag rolling or spunging i want something new up to date?
2006-03-28 20:18:57 UTC
i have seen different ways to paint walls but dont know what its called or how to do it can you help me find what i am looking for i seen a wall that look like plad and one that looked like clouds but with all different colors
Ten answers:
sunflower
2006-03-29 16:54:56 UTC
We did a neat treatment. First you paint a base coat color let dry. Next paint a glaze one wall at a time, take cheap plastic drop cloth and put up like wall paper(I used one big sheet) use wallpaper brush to smooth. Once wall is covered in plastic (do not let dry) start at beginning and pull off. You should get a neat pattern. I used a golden color for the base and a brown color for glaze. When we were done it looked like parchment paper. We get lots of compliments on it, because it is so different.
OiVey
2006-03-29 07:15:43 UTC
Another way do make lines in the wall in a weave kind of pattern is to use a wallpaper brush or modified squeegee. Paint the wall a solid background color and let that dry. Mix up another color you like with 1 part glaze and 1 part water. Roll some on in a square area, run the wallpaper brush through in one direction. Modify the squeegee by cutting notches in it at whatever intervals you like then drag it one direction all the way thru your square.

Have you ever considered using an airless sprayer or spray cans to make the clouds? Might be interesting. You could use a little metallic paint even.
bridgetnikole
2006-03-29 06:09:53 UTC
Nothing looks better than smooth walls painted a single color with flat paint.

That said, you can do plaid by using the painter's maskig tape (blue masking tape) found at hardware and paint stores. Just measure out the stripes and use the painter's tape to tape off the edges. Do it one color at a time. The best way to do this is to plan this out in advance and draw a detailed picture, laying down the colors on your paper as you would on your wall.

To paint clouds on your wall, you can use a large brush and sort of dab on colors. Take some photos of the sky for inspiration and really look at them--clouds are not just round, but can also be angular....not only white, but blue, pink, gray, yellow. Be creative and paint what you see.

Good luck!
mook8e
2006-03-29 05:52:30 UTC
After you paint them the base color on the wall, use crumpled up plastic bags from the store painted in the 'cloud color' and press all over the wall for a spongelike but not quite effect. For the plaid walls, it will take a lot of time, but well worth it. You use blue painters tape and a level to make straight lines in the the plaid pattern of your choice and while tape is up paint your walls. Let dry overnight and when you come back next day, use a knife to separate along edge of tape from rest of paint on wall and then remove tape. It's an awesome effect.
Doodlebug
2006-03-29 04:44:47 UTC
Try drag brushing or fade away painting technique.

I just painted clouds on my daughter walls . I used hailstone grey, cloudy white and sunset purple. I sponged on the grey first, but used a dry cloth to rub it in to make it look foggy. Then I sponged on the white mostly on top because clouds are so white on top and let it dry for a few seconds, then rubed it in, then I used the purple to highlight with a paint brush. They look real and beautiful.
Belle
2006-03-29 04:28:34 UTC
I just watch a home inprovement show, over the weekend.. they painted the walls a burgandy color, then used a feather duster, just tipped the feathers, in gold paint and lightly tapped the whole wall and cream colored ceiling! It looked awesome! Something that I hope to try in the future.
rebjerjam
2006-03-29 04:30:37 UTC
I saw where this woman painted her walls a solid color and then took off her clothes and put different colors on herself and rolled herself across it. Now that seems like something different and up to date.
Justice
2006-03-29 07:14:46 UTC
Venetian Plaster
mollydials24
2006-03-29 15:13:27 UTC
MY DAUGHTER JUST PAINTED HER WALLS USING A RUBBER GLOVE, PUT THE GLOVE ON YOUR HAND DIP THE FINGERS OF THE GLOVE IN THE PAINT AND USE A CIRCLE MOTION ALL OVER THE WALL. IT TAKES VERY LITTLE PAINT AND IT LOOKED VERY NICE WHEN SHE WAS DONE.
miso1cat
2006-03-29 04:27:27 UTC
There are rollers that have patterns on them. It looks very time consuming but is probably well worth the time if you do a good job on it.