Question:
can I wallpaper over luan plywood?
nicefrank
2006-02-27 17:53:11 UTC
Looking to install vinyl wallpaper over luan plywood but not sure if it can be done. Any help would be appreciated.
Four answers:
2006-02-27 18:33:43 UTC
YES! But you need a sealer/primer applied 1st, something like kils or sealcoat would do the trick, the next time you go to your local hardware store ask the guy in their helpdesk which product specifically would be best for your type of application.
wimbs
2016-09-28 16:01:48 UTC
Luan Plywood
2016-05-20 09:06:25 UTC
I got a couple. 1.) Go to your local harware in the section where they sell your carpet cleaning solutions for carpet cleaning machines. You should see a solution that as it dries it kills the odor. These solutions a re usually the ones for cat spray and urine. Spray a minimal amount on, you do not want to lift the luan, and leave it open to the air to dry. 2.) Theres a aerosol product called Oust, right next to Febreeze, try one. 3.) A little old school trick break three charcoal briquettes into powder and put it in a container, set the container in the box and after a week or so the odor will be gone. 4.) Use the same technique using bakling soda Good Luck!
blueyes
2006-02-28 14:26:32 UTC
Yes you can, and yes I have. There's a special wallpaper primer (sizing I think it's called) that you need to put up on new wood and sheetrock surfaces. Just make sure any little barbs and splinters are sanded smooth before you start because you wouldn't believe what a huge tear such a tiny splinter can make in wet wallpaper!