Question:
I am installing laminate flooring and need to know what is the best way to cover my steps to match the floor?
nthnmayse
2006-03-14 06:12:01 UTC
I am installing laminate flooring and need to know what is the best way to cover my steps to match the floor?
Two answers:
ralph.cramdon
2006-03-14 06:22:52 UTC
I used laminate flooring on the steps to get an exact match. To look good, you have to cut very accurately. I used a table saw. Also, if there's a bull nose on your steps, you have to cut it off. I used Liquid Nails glue to attach the flooring. You can buy matching stair edge mouldings. It looks great.
vc_for_3
2006-03-14 06:19:18 UTC
Your best bet is to go to a specialty hardwood store and they can help provide a matching colour wood. You then glue and use finsihing nails. Alternativly, you can carpet your stairs. Be careful of laminate on stairs as it is slippery.